On 10 June 2019, Head of Dispute Resolution, Qaiser Khanzada, departed from London with six others (of whom he only knows one) to try and climb the 4,900 metres to reach the peak of the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro, the world’s highest free-standing mountain at 5,895 metres above sea level. Qaiser and the team accomplished this in just seven days. Qaiser bore all his own expenses and has so far raised a whopping £8,000 in support of Mind, the Mental Health Charity
Who are Mind?
Mind is a mental health charity and they believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. They’re there for you. Whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis. They’ll listen, give support and advice, and fight your corner.
Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. They won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect.
Watch this short video to find out more
Qaiser is raising funds to support the important work Mind does.
Please donate if you can at https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RIAABarkerGilletteUKLLP
This is what your donation could do:
- £10 could allow us to send essential information booklets about mental health to 40 people.
- £40 could pay for 28 people to campaign for change on our behalf.
- £70 could keep our online community, Elefriends, open and safe for two hours.
- £120 could offer a lifeline to eight people in desperate need of support from our Mind legal line.
- £200 could help us keep the Mind Infoline open for 1 hour, helping 35 people.
- £300 could support a young person bereaved by suicide to access 1:1 and group support.
- £550 could provide five people struggling with their mental health a place in a 10-week wellbeing group with team sports and cookery.
Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor Qaiser and donations will be quickly processed and passed to Mind. Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity’s behalf where the donor is eligible for this.