We provide practical commercial advice relating to complex areas of corporate distress and insolvency with a view to preparing pragmatic and cost effective solutions. Our business insolvency solicitors act for insolvency practitioners, lenders, corporate debtors, creditors, directors and other stakeholders including partners.
- Claims by liquidators in excess of £14m, alleging unlawful dividends and director misfeasance (a wilful inappropriate action) and contribution claims involving professional negligence allegations.
- Successfully acting on a section 110 reconstruction of a business in the hospitality sector and splitting the business between shareholders.
- Successfully preserving privilege, of third party clients, in the face of information applications under sections 234 and 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Successfully acting for liquidators investigating the misappropriation of monies including sections 234 and 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Successfully defending directors in high-level claims for wrongful trading and breach of duty.
- Successfully acting for a liquidator in the recovery of monies misappropriated by directors across a group of companies.
- Advising on the restructuring of businesses in administration, and seeking and obtaining HMRC clearance for that purpose.
- Successfully resisting directors’ disqualification proceedings against previous directors of companies.
- Successfully acting on a section 110 reconstruction of a property portfolio company split between groups of shareholders.