Specific duties will include:
- Assisting partners with existing workload
- Helping to develop and build the Family law department
- Conducting own caseload, attending court, preparing documents, liaising with clients, counsel and other lawyers
This role will suit someone who has good people skills as well as good technical expertise in litigation and who is looking to develop their career.
We are looking for someone with litigation and family law experience. Candidates must be UK qualified (or have completed the QLTT) and have circa 3-5 years’ PQE.
The following skills/experience are essential:
- Good academics with strong technical ability
- Conscientious with good attention to detail
- Litigation experience, ideally from a family law perspective
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with team members and to develop client relationships
- The ability to work collaboratively and in a team
Competitive, depending on experience
Our private client team’s work is both challenging and varied. The team’s clients mainly consist of mid to high net worth national and international individuals.
Our head of private client, James McMullan, specialises in family law, wills, probate and trusts, estate planning, tax, elderly client matters (including mental capacity issues) and contentious probate. James is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists, Solicitors for the Elderly and the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners. James works closely with his partner, Stuart Jacobs who tends to deal with ‘big money’ cases, and one assistant, Lalita Kauldhar, and is looking to build his team.
We are based in the heart of London’s West End; a vibrant part of the city. Established in 1981, we are a full-service law firm with years of expertise and flair, not just in narrow specialist fields but in wider background areas and interests. We pride ourselves on our approachable and collegiate feel and the accessibility of our partners to their staff and clients.
We are a member of the RIAA Barker Gillette Global Alliance which offers capabilities in seven countries and twelve cities from New York to Beijing.
Our standard working hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, although we ask for flexibility from our employees as necessary to accommodate business needs.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse working environment.
- To deliver a consistently thorough, accurate, efficient and deeply personal service to a wide range of clients.
- To represent good value for money.
- To be recognised internationally as providers of premium legal services with the highest professional standards.
Please send your CV and a covering email to James McMullan at firstname.lastname@example.org
All decisions relating to recruitment and selection, appraisals and career development are objective, free from bias and based solely on an individual’s abilities and merit.