Registered Foreign Lawyer
Global Senior & Managing Partner
Top-ranked by leading legal directories, Ahsan Rizvi is the Senior and Managing Partner of our affiliated firm, RIAA Barker Gillette and globally recognised as a leading international corporate lawyer.
Ahsan has expertise in drafting statutory enactments and regulatory frameworks. He has held a number of prominent positions, including director of the Karachi Stock Exchange, and Chairman of the Committee on Cyber Laws Legislation and IPR of the Ministry of Science & Technology of the Government of Pakistan.
Ahsan has advised on Project Finance and Corporate Finance transactions exceeding USD 15 billion in aggregate value, M&A transactions of more than USD 5 billion and privatisation transactions including Pakistan Telecommunication Company, Karachi Electric Supply Corporation, Pakistan Steel Mills Corporation, Pakistan State Oil and Pakistan Petroleum.
Ahsan is one of only a handful of lawyers to receive the prestigious Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Star of Excellence) from the President of Pakistan.
LLB (Hons), University of London (1979)
LLM, University of London (1980)
Called to the Bar (1981)
Advocate of High Courts (1982)
MA, University of Virginia (2005)
Languages Fluent in Urdu and English
Awards, recognition and memberships:
- Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Star of Excellence) highest National Award conferred on a Lawyer (2004).
- Ranked amongst the ‘Best Lawyers of Pakistan’ by the Chambers Global Lawyers of the World (2001 to date).
- Ranked ‘Top Lawyer’ by Chambers Asia Pacific (2014 and 2015).
- ‘Best Corporate Lawyer’ award by AsiaLaw (2006 to date).
- Selected to the International ‘Who’s Who of Professionals’ (2007 to date).
- Member of the National Bioethics Commission of Pakistan.