Our business insolvency solicitors act for insolvency practitioners, lenders, corporate debtors, creditors, directors and other stakeholders to include partners. We provide practical commercial advice relating to complex areas of corporate distress and insolvency with a view to preparing pragmatic and cost effective solutions.
- Claims by liquidators in excess of £14m, alleging unlawful dividends and director misfeasance (a wilful inappropriate action) and contribution claims involving professional negligence allegations.
- Successfully acting on a section 110 reconstruction of a business in the hospitality sector and splitting the business between shareholders.
- Successfully preserving privilege, of third party clients, in the face of information applications under sections 234 and 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Successfully acting for liquidators investigating the misappropriation of monies including sections 234 and 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Successfully defending directors in high-level claims for wrongful trading and breach of duty.
- Successfully acting for a liquidator in the recovery of monies misappropriated by directors across a group of companies.
- Advising on the restructuring of businesses in administration, and seeking and obtaining HMRC clearance for that purpose.
- Successfully resisting directors’ disqualification proceedings against previous directors of companies.
- Successfully acting on a section 110 reconstruction of a property portfolio company split between groups of shareholders.